Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is a contract manufacturer of life science reagent consumables and biopharmaceutical drug products. The company offers cGMP manufacturing compliant with CFR21 Part 820, 210, and 211 compliance.
With the advances in genetic and biomarker analysis, new applications emerge daily to efficiently answer important biological questions of both scientific and industrial relevance. Argonaut is an independent external manufacturing service (CMO) company dedicated to serving highly innovative companies. Argonaut is a high-quality provider of cost-effective solutions and services for these clients.
We need people who share our passion for operations excellence and who enjoys the dynamic nature of a rapidly growing company.
Position and Scope
We have an immediate opening for an experienced supply chain professional to lead the Warehouse and Logistics activities for our Carlsbad based operations. The scope of this role includes all distribution and logistics functions. This leadership role is critical to client satisfaction, inventory management, and control, as well as quality and regulatory compliance.
- Manage the distribution and logistics activities supporting a GMP/GDP supply chain
- Work cross-functionally with Project Management, QA/QC, Finance, and Operations
- Master the use of our ERP system and item attributes related to supply chain requirements
- Manage and communicate client-owned inventory levels to those in need of the information
- Manage the receiving department, warehouse team, and shipping department
- Support on-time delivery of domestic and international shipments using metrics for continuous improvement
- Self-starter with strong supply chain business acumen with experience leading regulated distribution and logistics activities
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to serve as a subject matter expert during regulatory audits in regards to distribution and logistics activities. Experience with FDA and ISO audits along with client or international auditing authorities
- Capable of making deep-dive analyses while maintaining top-level organization overview regarding problems and solutions
- MS/BS/BA in Supply Chain/Logistics, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Business Administration
- 3-5 years of managerial experience or as an individual contributor/rising star looking for their first opportunity to lead
- Working experience with complex supply chain processes in medical device, biopharmaceutical, or life science manufacturing
- Experience leading shipping operations including kitting in distribution activities
- Proficiency with MRP system software (NetSuite is a plus)
- Warehouse and inventory management, shipping and receiving experience with knowledge of managing hazardous materials
Proven Skills in:
- Inventory control and cycle count management
- Distribution planning
- Receiving activities
- Warehouse material management
- Lean concepts for continuous improvement
- Process design and process metrics
Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability, or any other class protected by Federal, State or local laws. Argonaut complies with all employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and all must have the authorization to work in the US.
Apply for this Job
Fill out the form below. When selecting “jobs/career”, a section to upload your CV/Resume will appear.