Vice President of Marketing
Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is a contract manufacturer of life science reagent consumables and Biopharmaceutical drug products. The company offers cGMP manufacturing compliant with CFR21 Part 820, 210 and 211 compliance.
With the advances in genetic and biomarker analysis, new applications emerge daily to efficiently answer important biological questions of both scientific and industrial relevance. Argonaut is an independent external manufacturing service (CMO) company dedicated to serving these highly innovative companies. Argonaut is a high-quality provider of cost-effective solutions and services for these clients.
Position and Scope
The Vice President of Marketing will own omnichannel lead generation and lead nurturing, and will work with the CCO on Corporate Brand and Marketing. This critical role will report directly to the CCO and will be responsible for establishing a team. Must be a strategic thinker who rolls up sleeves to get things done. High performers with the philosophy of 30% growth quarter vs. quarter (on high base), who can help grow the business exponentially with our clients should consider this role.
This position will be accountable for end to end marketing, including lead generation, lead qualification, and the customer journey for all channels. Additionally, corporate and brand marketing will be a shared responsibility with the Chief Commercial Officer. Marketing will be focused on two areas: serving the Drug Product business unit; and the Life Sciences & Diagnostics business unit (which includes the incorporated businesses of Lyophilization and Custom Controls). Key internal clients will include the senior business development teams that lead the commercial contracts function. This will be a critical role to lead development of the marketing strategy that rolls up to the overall Commercial Strategy. It requires a highly knowledgeable and sophisticated marketer, especially in digital and online channels – and a strategic mindset, as well as a commitment to high levels of execution to an aggressive growth for the company. The key success factor is the ability to build a sustainable marketing platform strategically while achieving quarterly and annual revenue goals. The focus of this marketing leader must be based on revenue outcome and lead conversion to revenue – not clicks and impressions. The successful individual must be able to demonstrate multicampaign development, ability to roll up the sleeves to execute, be able to show trends and build a case for further investment based on KPI outputs, be able to cut costs and increase conversion and productivity at scale. An additional success factor is the ability to not only retain current clients and grow them but to also add new clients quarter over quarter and support a higher than average sales qualified lead funnel to the business development teams.
The successful candidate will:
- Design and optimize websites (new website implementation, a plus)
- Lead implementation of account-based marketing must demonstrate expertise showing significant penetration into accounts leading directly to SQL and revenue
- Work with outsourced marketing partners
- Hire one Marketing Manager
- Develop the marketing system under a carefully controlled budget, and establish KPIs to monitor and adjust the system as required to hit the revenue plan for 2021 and set up for continued minimally 100% growth YOY for 3+ years
- Will be part of the CCO’s leadership team to evaluate markets and other areas for Argonaut to invest in organic or inorganic development
Position Requirements and Experience
The desired candidate will have:
- An advanced degree (MS/PhD or MBA) or significant exposure to CMO marketing
- Minimum of 5 – 10+ years of experience leading multiple campaigns growing faster than market
- Executive presence and ability to demonstrate the KPIs needed to lead the business. Exposure to Board will be given
- Driven marketing campaigns in Biopharma, Life Sciences, or Diagnostics/Medical Device in marketing leadership roles with demonstrated campaign development expertise
- Held cross-functional leadership roles with results linked to conflict/issue resolution, time-critical project management, negotiation, consensus-building, and financial accountability
- Fluency, ideally, in both life science and diagnostics market AND the drug product manufacturing development processes, and have prior exposure to commercialization of both in the CMO service market
- Be a digital marketing expert with clear knowledge of the latest trends and requirements to advance the customer journey leading to SQLs that translate to revenue
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; effective at communicating with all organizational levels including the board of directors
- A track record demonstrating success working in a matrix and influencing other functions including operations and finance
- A value creation mindset with a bias toward action. Be analytical and challenge-focused
- The willingness to roll up sleeves and dive deep into operational issues to understand how to effectively market to the client base
- Extensive experience with market valuation, segmentation, and the ability to build market focus in short periods of time
- Integrity always
- Resilient, highly self‐motivated, self‐directed, and love details
- A driver, will not stop until the job is done, and set the goals high for yourself and achieve higher than expectations
- Ability to delegate, hold other functions accountable, and escalate as needed
- Two new businesses that need focus: Ability to lead the rollout of a marketing Go-To-Market plan for this new drug product manufacturing business unit (launched September 2020) and new business area in custom controls (launched Feb 2021) to scale to max capacity within 3 quarters. Success will be weighted on the ability to drive to hit stretch goals identified by the CCO and his organization.
- Understanding of marketing performance metrics, and utilizing these to increase efficiencies
- Hands-on experience with CRM software and commitment to integrate the marketing platforms to utilize this system (Salesforce) and build an automated pathway to create MQL to SQLs
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- A high level of dedication and be a team player
- The ability to work under strict deadlines
- Ability to take on new tasks to completion or reprioritize based on results with minimal guidance
Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability, or any other class protected by Federal, State or local laws. Argonaut complies with all employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and all must have the authorization to work in the US.