Supply Chain Planner
Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is a contract manufacturing organization (CMO) headquartered in Carlsbad, CA, 25 miles north of downtown San Diego. The company is dedicated to serving highly innovative companies in the biopharmaceutical and human diagnostics industries. Argonaut is a full service, cost effective partner, providing complete solutions in the areas of formulation, filling and finishing, and final kitting. Argonaut also provides the quality and regulatory expertise to assure the highest in quality manufacturing.
Position and Scope
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the planning activities associated with an ISO 13485:2016/GMP life sciences manufacturing environment. The role will manage the WIP, FG inventory levels to meet customer delivery service expectations for Make-to-Stock and Make-to-Order products in a contract manufacturing environment. This includes, but is not limited to, bulk formulation, filling and kitting of products. The position requires a high degree of analytical capability with a combination of both strategic and tactical skills to optimize the complex balance between customer expectations, inventory, capacity, lead-times, lot size and other supply chain factors. The role will interface with sourcing, customer service managers, manufacturing, warehouse, distribution and suppliers.
- Assume a leadership role in ensuring timely delivery of components from suppliers and manufactured goods from upstream internally manufactured materials.
- Communicate material supply issues proactively with all required business functions.
- Manage, slow moving, E&O stock utilizing established business processes and systems.
- Support new product launches by coordinating the schedule with the manufacturing manager and client services managers.
- Vigilant communication is required to ensure QA, QC and manufacturing resources are aligned with client delivery dates.
- Back up the buyer when they are not available.
- 5 years of experience in a production planning environment plus, at least, 2 years of purchasing experience. The experience can be concurrent.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience utilizing an ERP system – preferably Net Suite.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles and 5S standards.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using Excel for charting, data sorting, filtering, pivot-tables, look-ups, and macros.
- Strong interpersonal skills – good verbal and written communication skills are required. Must have a customer service mindset with the ability to communicate clearly.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze and interpret data to make critical decisions.
- Must be able to work on several projects or initiatives concurrently, with appropriate time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Experience with facility and personnel capacity modeling and scheduling.
- A 4-year degree in Business, Science or engineering discipline.
- Net Suite, Valogix and Master Control experience.
- Experience in an ISO or GMP environment.
- Some procurement experience.
Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability, or any other class protected by Federal, State or local laws.
Apply for this Job
Fill out the form below. When selecting “jobs/career”, a section to upload your CV/Resume will appear.