Manufacturing Process Specialist
Argonaut Manufacturing Services Inc. is a contract manufacturing organization (CMO) headquartered in Carlsbad, CA. The company is dedicated to serving highly innovative companies in the biopharmaceutical and molecular diagnostics industries. Argonaut is a full service, cost-effective partner, providing complete solutions in the areas of formulation, filling and final kitting of reagents and consumables. Argonaut provides quality and regulatory expertise to assure the highest in quality manufacturing and supply chain excellence.
Position and Scope
This position reports to the Associate Director of Operations and will be responsible for providing expertise and guidance in the field of reagent formulation, filling and finishing activities for the Molecular Diagnostics & Life Sciences manufacturing segment of Argonaut Manufacturing Services. This individual will be hands-on and be directly involved with floor technicians to ensure proper techniques and guidelines are being followed.
- Actively work with Manufacturing to solve challenges in the production environment
- Support agency inspections and client audits relating to Molecular Diagnostics & Life Sciences, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Resolve day to day issues within functional departments and aid, as needed
- Review and approve qualification and validation protocols and reports for equipment and processes related to Molecular Diagnostics & Life Sciences products
- Lead and assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute growth
- Ensure continuous improvement and effectiveness of the manufacturing processes
- Ability to train operators on manufacturing processes to improve productivity and reduce run times
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and transition from one assignment to another with minimal training and direction from supervision
- Strong computer skills. Familiar with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to draft and/or collaborate on SOP’s, NCR’s, Deviation’s, Work Instructions
- Knowledge of cGMP, ISO, and FDA Regulations, specifically 21 CFR – Part 820, ISO 13485, and ISO 14971
- Proven ability to thrive and enable success in a cross-functional and collaborative environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to facilitate constructive, expedient problem-solving
- Desire to work with all departments to implement change
- Ability and willingness to work flexible/extended hours, if needed
- Physical demands include standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and extensive walking
- May require lifting of objects whose weight normally will not exceed 35 pounds
Position Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline such as chemistry, biology or pharmaceutical sciences is preferred, however, relevant experience will be considered in lieu of education
- Successfully served in a similar capacity in a contract manufacturing company for a highly regulated market, preferably the life science/pharmaceutical environment
- Experience and familiarity in reagent formulation, filling and finishing activities with 5 years of directly related accountability for quality in this form of manufacturing
- Consistently exhibit through actions, decisions, and interactions (internally and externally) the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- A proactive style using initiative and perseverance in order to bring about meaningful change
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing cultures in a volume production facility
Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability, or any other class protected by Federal, State or local laws. Argonaut complies with all employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and all must have the authorization to work in the US.
Apply for this Job
Fill out the form below. When selecting “jobs/career”, a section to upload your CV/Resume will appear.