Director of Supply Chain
Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. specializes in the contract manufacturing of reagents. We believe life science companies have a hidden asset in their supply chains and Argonaut can help them realize this. We assist client companies in accelerating innovation and unlocking valuable capital by providing manufacturing solutions to some of the biggest challenges in product life cycle management: how to get a new product to market with the costs associated with a developing regulatory environment; and, where to manufacture those legacy products that customers still want.
A contract manufacturing services company is all about its people. We have developed an incredible leadership team with over 100 years of operational excellence poised to help our clients drive success.
We need people who share our passion for operations excellence, enjoy the dynamic nature of a rapidly growing company and want to be a part of something truly special.
Position and Scope
Argonaut Manufacturing Services has an immediate opening for an experienced supply chain professional to lead Sourcing, Planning, Warehouse, and Logistics activities for our Carlsbad based operation. This role will report to the VP of Operations and will have full responsibility for driving the supply chain needed to support our GMP/ISO regulated business while maintaining client satisfaction from project conception through production, along with pick, pack, and ship operations. The candidate will be responsible for material procurement and planning from early-stage NPI efforts to sustain ongoing projects. Requires strengths in negotiating supply agreements, supporting audits, sourcing raw materials, production planning, E&O management, inventory control, and logistics operations.
- Manage the supply chain activities supporting a GMP/GDP supply chain
- Work cross-functionally with Client Services, QA, QC, Finance, and Operations
- Lead purchasing of raw materials and site supplies
- Support and participate in production planning
- Master the use of our ERP system and item attributes related to supply chain requirements
- Supplier performance management
- Carefully manage the balance of inventory levels to optimize days of supply, expiry concerns, economic order quantities, and service level expectations
- Manage and communicate client-owned inventory levels to those in need of the information
- Oversee the receiving department, warehouse team, and shipping department
- Support on-time delivery of domestic and international shipments
- Self-starter with strong supply chain business acumen with experience leading a GMP/GDP planning, procurement, receiving, warehouse, and shipping operation
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Track record of working directly with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including serving as a subject matter expert during regulatory audits; experience with FDA and ISO audits along with client or international auditing authorities
- Capable of making deep-dive analysis while maintaining top-level organization overview regarding problems & solutions
- MS/BS/BA in Supply Chain / Logistics, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Business Administration
- 10+ years of direct work experience; of which a minimum of 6 years working experience with complex supply chain processes in Biotech and/or Pharma manufacturing industry
- Experience managing a pick, pack, and ship operation
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in project management
- Proven track record in building and maintaining strategic relations with suppliers
- Proficiency with MRP system software (NetSuite is a plus)
- Warehouse and inventory management, shipping, and receiving experience with knowledge of HAZ requirements
Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability, or any other class protected by Federal, State or local laws. Argonaut complies with all employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and all must have the authorization to work in the US.