Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is a contract manufacturer of life science reagent consumables and Biopharmaceutical drug products. The company offers cGMP manufacturing compliant with CFR21 Part 820, 210, and 211 compliance.
With the advances in genetic and biomarker analysis, new applications emerge daily to efficiently answer important biological questions of both scientific and industrial relevance. Argonaut is an independent external manufacturing service (CMO) company dedicated to serving these highly innovative companies. Argonaut is a high-quality provider of cost-effective solutions and services for these clients.
Position and Scope
The purpose of this position is to be a part of our Operations team responsible for guaranteeing product supply for our clients. The Buyer Planner will be responsible for our inventory investment to ensure the timely supply of materials. The role will support the management of the WIP, FG inventory levels to meet customer delivery service expectations for Make-to-Stock and Make-to-Order products in a contract manufacturing environment. The Buyer Planner will also manage purchase order activities and work with our finance team to ensure proper costing. In addition, this individual will be responsible for supporting the planning activities associated with an ISO 13485:2016/GMP life sciences manufacturing environment. Finally, the Buyer Planner will be a critical member of our team managing several key attributes of parts and assemblies in our ERP system.
The successful candidate will:
- Purchase materials for Manufacturing in accordance with our purchasing controls process
- Implement strategies to optimize materials on hand to balance service levels with inventory investments
- Manage, slow-moving, E&O stock utilizing established business processes and systems
- Support new product launches by coordinating the schedule with the manufacturing manager and client services managers
- Review, resolve and escalate issues that impact delivery dates
- Participate in Engineering Change Order review, approval, and implementation of material phase-in and phase-out
- Ensure data integrity of master data elements which drive production and MRP (safety stock, cycle times, BOM accuracy, effectivity dates)
- Manage supplier relationships and meet objectives for reducing material pricing along with continuity of supply
- Manage timely execution of MRP actions to ensure uninterrupted supply to the customer
- Troubleshoot transactional records to resolve inventory discrepancies and manufacturing variances
- Monitor supply chain key performance indicators, perform root cause analysis, implement action plans, and strive for continuous improvement
Position Requirements and Experience
The desired candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of relevant experience in Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Life Sciences disciplines, Business Administration or Supply Chain Management
- 3 years of experience in a production planning environment plus, at least, 2 years of purchasing experience. The experience can be concurrent
- Knowledge of MRP, DRP, and MPS systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to structure and perform data analysis
- Ability to extract complicated issues and simplify
- Moderate level skills with Microsoft Office suite
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Net Suite, Valogix, and Master Control experience preferred
- Experience in an ISO or GMP environment also preferred
Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability, or any other class protected by Federal, State or local laws. Argonaut complies with all employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and all must have the authorization to work in the US.
Apply for this Job
Fill out the form below. When selecting “jobs/career”, a section to upload your CV/Resume will appear.