Argonaut Manufacturing Services Inc. is a contract manufacturing organization (CMO) headquartered in Carlsbad, CA. The company is dedicated to serving highly innovative companies in the biopharmaceutical and molecular diagnostics industries. Argonaut is a full service, cost-effective partner, providing complete solutions in the areas of formulation, filling and final kitting of reagents and consumables. Argonaut provides the quality and regulatory expertise to assure the highest in quality manufacturing and supply chain excellence.
Position and Scope
As a Buyer at Argonaut Manufacturing Services, the candidate will be a part of our Operations team responsible for guaranteeing product supply for our clients. The Buyer will be responsible for our inventory investment to insure timely supply of materials. The Buyer will also manage purchase order activities and work with our finance team to insure proper costing. The ideal candidate will also be a part of our planning team responsible for aligning supply and demand in our Sales and Operations planning activities (S&OP process). Finally, the Buyer will be a critical member of our team managing several key attributes of parts and assemblies in our ERP system.
- Purchasing of materials for Manufacturing in accordance with our purchasing controls process
- Implement strategies to optimize materials on hand to balance service levels with inventory investments
- Review, resolve and escalate issues that impact delivery dates
- Participate in Engineering Change Order review, approval and implementation of material phase-in and phase-out
- Ensure data integrity of master data elements which drive production and MRP (safety stock, cycle times, BOM accuracy, effectivity dates)
- Manage timely execution of MRP actions to ensure uninterrupted supply to the customer
- Troubleshoot transactional records to resolve inventory discrepancies and manufacturing variances
- Monitor supply chain key performance indicators, perform root cause analysis, implement action plans, and strive for continuous improvement
Position Requirements and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree in business management, economics or related course, preferred
- 1 – 2 years of relevant experience in buyer/planner role, preferred in the manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of MRP, DRP, and MPS systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to structure and perform data analysis
- Ability to extract complicated issues and simplify
- Moderate level skills with Microsoft Office suite
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills
Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability, or any other class protected by Federal, State or local laws. Argonaut complies with all employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and all must have the authorization to work in the US.