Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is a contract manufacturing organization (CMO) headquartered in Carlsbad, CA, 25 miles north of downtown San Diego. The company is dedicated to serving highly innovative companies in the biopharmaceutical and human diagnostics industries. Argonaut is a full service, cost effective partner, providing complete solutions in the areas of formulation, filling and finishing, and final kitting. Argonaut also provides the quality and regulatory expertise to assure the highest in quality manufacturing.
Position and Scope
If you are interested in working with customers that are changing the world for the better and saving lives, consider working at Argonaut. We are looking for a qualified Sales Administrator to join our sales team. This individual will be a critical part of the team and will serve as a point of contact for customers with queries about products, orders and deliveries, as well as provide support to sales and marketing.
The ideal candidate will be goal-oriented and have a deep knowledge of customer service best practices. Additionally, this high-energy candidate will have the ability to proactively perform job duties, be able to assist the team with various duties, as needed, and have exceptional organizational skills.
- Process orders via email or phone, and update CRM and ERP systems. Ensure all incoming correspondence with regards to open orders, which includes e-mail, faxes or mailed copies of customer purchase orders and/or order changes are processed and confirmed in a timely manner to assure order is processed and shipped correctly.
- Check data accuracy on orders and invoices.
- Contact customers to obtain missing information or answer queries.
- Maintain departmental filing of open and shipped orders.
- Support the sales and marketing team.
- Interface between operations, sales, and customers for an exceptional customer experience. Liaise with the Logistics/Operations department to ensure timely deliveries.
- Communicate efficiently with sales, client services, and operations to resolve any issues with delays in processing orders or with the shipment of orders.
- Work in a team environment with minimal supervision and promote positive customer relations.
- Track customer’s promised delivery date and help sales and operations teams to achieve on time delivery. Advise customers of late order notification, when applicable.
- Maintain and update sales and customer records.
- Generate quotes for sales staff.
- Communicate important feedback from customers internally.
- Develop monthly sales reports, as needed, by commercial leadership.
- Various administrative tasks for sales/business development.
- Proven work experience as a Sales Administrator or Sales support agent.
- Hands on experience with CRM software and MS Office (MS Excel a must).
- Understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- A team player with high level of dedication.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Ability to take on new tasks to completion with minimal direct guidance.
- An interest in the sales process and helping the organization to improve.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Background in biotech sales administration and contracts.
- Certification in Marketing, Sales or relevant field, is a plus.
Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability, or any other class protected by Federal, State or local laws.
Apply for this Job
Fill out the form below. When selecting “jobs/career”, a section to upload your CV/Resume will appear.