Drug Product Manufacturing Associate I
Argonaut Manufacturing Services Inc. is a contract manufacturing organization (CMO) headquartered in Carlsbad, CA. The company is dedicated to serving highly innovative companies in the biopharmaceutical and molecular diagnostics industries. Argonaut is a full service, cost-effective partner, providing complete solutions in the areas of formulation, filling and final kitting of reagents and consumables. Argonaut provides the quality and regulatory expertise to assure the highest in quality manufacturing and supply chain excellence.
Position and Scope
The purpose of this position is to perform tasks and operations relevant to the bulk formulation and/or filling operations required for sterile production of liquid injectable pharmaceutical products under cGMP regulations in Drug Product Manufacturing.
- Perform various routine manufacturing tasks under the direction of internal SOP’s and cGMP guidelines
- Prepare material components for manufacturing operations
- Document steps clearly and completely in production batch records, logbooks and other controlled forms
- Participate in inspection readiness activities
- Perform basic arithmetic and algebraic computation
- Maintain cleanliness of areas and equipment
- Assist senior level personnel in bulk drug formulation using a variety of lab equipment including mixers, balances, pH meters, etc.…, gowned in accordance with Class C (ISO 7) conditions
- Assist senior level personnel in sterile filtration activities, gowned in accordance with Class C (ISO 7) conditions
- Assist senior level personnel in sterile filling of a multitude of solutions including drug product, media, buffers, using an automated filling and closing machine, gowned in accordance with Class C (ISO 7) conditions
- Collect and dispose of lab wastes according to established procedures
- Collaborate in continuous improvement activities
- High school diploma or equivalent with 1 – 2 years relevant experience is required, a Bachelor’s in an Engineering discipline or Life Science field preferred
- Time and project management skills with the ability to multi-task are essential
- Must be able to effectively communicate within department and cross-functionally with other divisions
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Experience in a growth-oriented, cGMP contract manufacturing organization with a focus on compliant execution of business, is a plus
Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability, or any other class protected by Federal, State or local laws. Argonaut complies with all employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and all must have the authorization to work in the US.