Business Development Manager: Boston Area (East Coast)
Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is a contract manufacturing organization (CMO) headquartered in Carlsbad, CA, 25 miles north of downtown San Diego. The company is dedicated to serving highly innovative companies in the biopharmaceutical and human diagnostics industries. Argonaut is a full service, cost effective partner, providing complete solutions in the areas of formulation, filling and finishing, and final kitting. Argonaut also provides the quality and regulatory expertise to assure the highest in quality manufacturing.
Position and Scope
This individual will play a crucial role in cultivating new clients and closing deals. In collaboration with the Argonaut Business Development team, this individual will help identify, evaluate and implement business development opportunities around the formulation, fill and finish of consumables and reagents in a GMP environment. Possessing exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, this person will have an excellent ability to work in a team environment, demonstrate initiative, and possess solid analytical skills. Compensation structure is a competitive base plus performance incentives.
- Generate revenue opportunities through client partnerships and ecosystem alliances for the territory (mostly greater Boston area and RTP).
- Support and develop strong client relationships by acting as a liaison between the client and various departments at Argonaut bringing field opportunities in house and providing necessary follow-up.
- Identify and establish collaborative working relationships throughout Argonaut; actively soliciting input and support for business development initiatives.
- Work with Manager (Commercial Leader) to establish strong pricing rationale and strategy. Effectively leverage understanding of client business, competitive environment, and value proposition to set price.
- Work closely with existing Business Development staff to fully explore new business development opportunities.
- 6+ years of industry experience, a minimum. Preferably in life sciences, diagnostics or therapeutic development
- Willing to travel 40-50% of your time
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science discipline (minimum); MBA (preferred)
- 2 years of hands-on, bench or lab experience
- Basic selling skills (e.g. SPIN or Negotiation)
- Demonstrated skills in Excel, Word, and PPT
- Working knowledge of Sales Force (CRM)
- Well organized and able to prioritize workload and schedule
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet aggressive deadlines and work in an environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Able to work independently to complete job functions.
- Good listener
- Excellent problem solver
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Argonaut Manufacturing Services, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
Apply for this Job
Fill out the form below. When selecting “jobs/career”, a section to upload your CV/Resume will appear.